Take a look at our membership types below, choose the one that fits you, and then click through to read all the benefits you will receive when you join our family.
Individual Membership (Including Insurance)
This membership type is for anyone working in Home-based childcare who is an employee of a Ministry of Education-licensed service, including nannies, coordinators, administrators, education team leaders (ETL), owners/managers of licensed services, etc.
$99.00 / year
MOE – Licensed Service/Agency (Option 1)
This membership option is perfect if you have up to 3 licensed networks.
$200.00 / year
MOE – Licensed Service/Agency (Option 2)
This membership option is perfect if you have 4 or more licensed networks.
$300.00 / year
Affiliate individuals are those who work in Home-based childcare, but not for a MOE-licensed service/agency.
$80.00 / year
This membership type is for Home-based childcare services/agencies/organisations that are not currently MOE-Licensed.
$150.00 / year
- Events and training days
- FREE insurance for individual memberships
- FREE professional advice and advocacy
- FREE fees for Open Polytechnic’s Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care Level 4 qualification.
You’ll also enjoy the feeling of support and connection that comes from joining your national association – the longest serving Early Childhood Education body that focuses solely on Home-based.
Have a voice
We give you a voice with the Ministry of Education and other Government departments, we campaign for you – whether you’re a self-employed educator or you own a licensed service.
He whänau kotahi, kotahi te reo
One family, one voice.
We exist to:
- Enhance the professional status and perception of Home-based Early Childhood Education throughout our country.
- To provide a powerful, united voice to liaise with government and other organisations. We represent and advocate for our members to protect and progress the Home-Based sector. Home-based educators have a right to participate and have their voice heard at a national and governmental level.
- To foster the professional growth and development of the Home-based sector, through educational pathways and support programmes for our members.
- To help our members come together – sharing knowledge and understanding, communicating and collaborating.
- To be the industry ‘eyes and ears’ for our members, receiving and disseminating relevant information.
Our Mission Statement:
The New Zealand HomeBase Childcare Association supports the provision of professional care and education for children in home-based settings and represents member’s interests through advocacy on relevant social, educational and political issues.
We are champions of the Home-based sector exclusively, working hard for the benefit of our members and for our most important clients, the children in our collective care.